Thanks for purchasing one of our premium files from Themeforest! We are happy to support our users, which is why we have this forum for anyone who has purchased our premium files. We provide it because we back up our products, we care about our users and want to help them set up their sites. We will do our best to answer all questions as soon as possible, please be patient.
1. Scope of Support
We only cover support for our themes. Our support covers getting setup, trouble using any features, and any bug fixes that may arise.
Please note that our support covers:
- Problems with installing the theme
- Problems with setting the theme ( as it is on the demo )
- Troubles with using any of the theme features
- Issues with WordPress update releases
- Bug Fixes
Our support does not cover (please check point 4 for more details):
- Theme customization
- Support for 3rd party plugins
- Support for problems caused by 3rd party plugins
- Support for problems caused by user modifications in the theme’s code
2. Support Schedule
We handle the support questions every day from Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm CET. We will normally answer in less than 48 hours, but for old themes, our response time is in between 2 – 6 days. Please note we do not work on weekends.
3. Before You Post A New Ticket, Please Follow The Steps Below
- Make sure you have read the online documentation or documentation that goes with the theme and search our knowledgebase for possible solutions. There is a big chance that your question has been already covered.
- If your question has not been brought up, then please raise a new ticket in the appropriate category (i.e. if you choose Candidate v1 – which is more than 3 years old theme – and you want help for Grace, you will wait longer than you want). Always include as much detail as you can, including your site URL, screenshots or attachments, browser version or OS. Try to be as specific as possible, it will help us serve you faster. Please don’t accent your ticket as urgent if it isn’t. We keep the right to remove your ticket in such case!
- Include a clearly described “end-goal” so we understand what you are trying to do.
- Clearly identifying a single issue per ticket.
- If it is asked from you, please provide login credentials. Don’t worry, our tickets are private.
- If you no longer need help on a ticket, please update/close that ticket if you can.
- Patiently wait. We strive to get you answers as quickly as possible. Do not post another ticket in your thread, it will take at least twice as long to get a reply because we answer tickets from oldest to newest. Please don’t change ticket status from open to new, because you will lose priority. Open tickets are always higher in the waiting queue. Also, never change ticket status to pending on your own. Pending tickets are connected with our team timeline, so if there isn’t a reference on our timeline, ticket will remain in pending status forever.
- Lets All Be Civil! The vast majority of users are very helpful, patient and kind, and so are we. We greatly appreciate this type of behavior. If tickets are ever made that fall outside of this realm, we will remove them and could possibly remove the user account. So lets all be nice and happy people.
We can not help with theme customization or plugin integration. Third-Party Plugin Support WordPress is a big ecosystem with tens of thousands of plugins that are coded to all sorts of different standards. Most of the time, “broken” theme issues are caused by poorly coded plugins. As such, we ask that you first disable any non-theme recommended plugins.
4a. Support vs. Customization
There is a fine line between what is considered support & customization.
What is a “Customization”? If you are requesting basic customization help using the existing in-theme tools and options, we will be glad to assist you. This usually covers the most basic of changes. For instance, the following questions would be considered “basic” customization:
- How do I change the menu sub-text color to red?
- How do I change the font-size for paragraphs?
- How do I make the background image centered instead of left-aligned?
However, if your question is more in depth, we can only provide guidance and you would then need to hire a freelancer if you don’t have the skills to implement it yourself. Some examples of this type of question are:
- How can I change the layout of page template X?
- How can I add XYZ plugin to this theme?
- How can I change the way that the menu works?
- How can I make “theme X” work like “theme Y”?
Anything that has to do with customizing layouts, page templates, custom theme features, non-official plugins, etc. falls into this category. We understand that this covers a lot of your questions… the simple fact is that it’s not feasible for us to help with this stuff though. This is above our free support for sure.
Thank you very much and we look forward to serving you!